Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dreams

The human brain is really an interesting muscle. It has the amazing ability to synthesize ideas from the bits floating around in the mind. I've been having very odd dreams lately. Maybe it is because I have been reading and watching a wide array of genres lately, but all my dreams may as well been David Fincher films. Not that I'm complaining. I've started keeping my phone very near the bed so that I can take notes of these dreams when I wake up. As Roland Deschain would say (and I'm sure I'm butchering this quote) "Dreams either mean everything or nothing." I'm sure it isn't nearly so black and white as that, but a dream either is the brain hard-wiring synaptic connections from the day, or it is a communique. Either case deserves notice.

Last night I had an interesting sci-fi psychological thriller dream. I sleepily emailed the synopsis to myself. If it still makes sense in a day or so, I may see if I want to do anything with the story. Think a mix of The Thing, the Inquisitions, Firefly (sort of), and A Few Good Men. As I hashtagged it on Twitter today, #GeekDreams. Have your dreams brought insight lately, or have they all been building a go kart with your ex-landlord?

No comments:

Post a Comment