Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Joker must have listened to Tom Waits.

It isn't exactly a new comparison, but Heath Ledger's Joker bears striking similarities to early Tom Waits. These two men did work together on The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, so it isn't a huge stretch of the imagination to think that he took inspiration from Tom. Either way, Ledger's Joker is iconic. Check out the videos after the jump.



Here is one of my favorite scenes in the whole film, pay attention to his cadence and body language. 




For the next video, skip to about the 4:10 mark if you would rather not watch the whole interview. I do recommend watching the whole thing. Do you notice the similar voice, posture and attitude? I do too.




As I said, the two men knew each other, but whether they met before the Dark Knight I don't know. If you haven't yet seen The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, do yourself a favor and see it.It stars both men, and is one of the oddest films I have ever seen.





No comments:

Post a Comment